Mental Health Awareness
Kingsway's School Development Plan for 2018-19 is referred to as CHAMPS:
The "H" component of this plan stands for HEALTH with a specific focus on Mental Health. Whilst awareness of well-being is embedded in everyday school life at Kingsway, we also have days and weeks when we focus on specific aspects of mental health awareness.
Mental Health Awareness Day Autumn 2018
With a focus on increasing awareness of feelings, each class produced artwork to raise the profile of mental health among children and adults.
Children's Mental Health Week
Children's Mental Health Week took place 11th-15th February 2019. This focus week was launched with a special assembly led by the school's Mental Health Heroes (the School Council). Other activities included:
- A compliment's jar in each classroom to encourage children to write positive comments about each other
- Drop-in-Session for children to talk to the Mental Health Heroes about any worries they may have
- A special assembly on the Friday for each class to share the collaborative music they have created
There are many child and parent friendly resources available. Click on the following links:
- Self care and support for young people
- Sources of stress for young people
- Tips for talking with young people
- Understanding young peoples mental health
The sillylimbic website has both child and parent resources.